April 25, 2012

When I was a teenager and even approaching my early 20's (who am I kidding, I'm still in my early 20's!) I thought there was nothing better than a good old fashioned McDonald's Cheeseburger with a side of fries! I ate junk food often and enjoyed every bit of it! However my heart and my waistline probably didn't like that much.
Ever since I found a good group of blogs in the blogging community, I started to look at food a hell of a lot differently. I started discovering that cooking food with unique ingredients was a lot better than buying it from a fast food joint. I think I got tempted from all the beautiful food photography I'm constantly exposed to.
Anyway, from pesto to fresh parmesan to sun dried tomatoes... there are so many different ingredients you can use to spice up a simple dish and the finished product is always much more satisfying than a cheeseburger from McDonald's! And I think my health likes that much better too.
Don't get me wrong, I still love ordering a pizza on a Friday night or picking up a cheeseburger as a treat once in a very blue moon, but 90% of the time, I'd prefer to go to the grocery store and cook up a storm in my own kitchen!
It tastes better and it feels better afterwards to not be collapsing on the couch from carb-overload!
And that's how I feel about that!

No comments: