November 11, 2012

Thai Red Curry Recipe


I don't know what it is, but lately I've been all about Ethnic Cooking.
Last week I made an Indian Curried Chicken which was delicious.... sadly I didn't take any photos of it but I think I liked it better than this Thai Curry Chicken you see above.

I wanted to post the recipe for this because I actually think it turned out really tasty!
The one thing I would change (and maybe someone could help me out there?) is that I'd like it to be spicier.
I did follow the recipe from the Thai Kitchen website but HEAVILY adapted it to become my very own.
When you read my recipe, please tell me what I'm missing or what ingredients I could increase to bump up the spice? Thanks!

What You'll Need: 


  • Handful of Vegetables (Bell peppers, snap peas, onions, carrots, broccoli, bamboo shoots etc...) (cut into small chunks)
  • Chicken (diced)
  • 1 can of coconut milk
  • 1 1/2 tbs of red curry paste
  • 1 1/2 tbs of  Fish Sauce
  • 1 tbs of ginger (grated)
  • 4 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 2 tbs of FRESH coriander leaves (finely chopped)
  • 2 tbs of FRESH basil (finely chopped)
  • 1 tbs of vegetable or olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of chicken broth
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
  • Jasmine Rice (cooked according to instructions)
What To Do: 

  1. Prepare your rice according to the packaged instructions.
  2. Heat your oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven, skillet or wok. Once hot, add in your Red Curry Paste and stir fry until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). 
  3. Add in your fish sauce, coconut milk & chicken broth. Increase heat to medium high & bring to a light boil. Stir in brown sugar and stir until well blended.
  4. Add in your chicken & vegetables and stir until sauce has come in contact with all chicken & vegetables. 
  5. Add in your grated ginger & garlic. Mix well.
  6. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through & veggies are tender. Remove from heat & stir in coriander and basil. 
  7. Serve over cooked jasmine rice & enjoy! 




No comments: