September 28, 2010

New York City, For Example.

I'm going to compare myself to my own obsessions.

We'll use New York City as an example.

My biggest dream (and goal, essentially) is to head off to New York City. Vacation first, and then hopefully to live.

Unfortunately, that probably won't happen for a while. But for some reason, it's like I need to go there now. I always want everything right now.

Like most things in my life...

Something I need to learn to do is to appreciate what I have going for me right now. Right here.
Why is that so hard for me? I always have to focus on everything that is so far away. Long gone.

I know what is going to make me happy. I know that New York City would make me happy, among other things.

But that's not going to happen right now. I need to accept that.

Any tips for moving on with your life after you've hit rock bottom?

No comments: