April 21, 2010

Adventures with Jessica not in me :P.



So I've decided to start a blog. Not because I'm bored or because I want to keep up with today's "social networking status", but because I've recently taken an interest in writing. I mean, I don't think I'd ever be able to write a song or a decent poem, but I think I could do well in article writing...

Basically, I'll explain what is going on in my life right now to give anyone (who's not reading this) an idea of who I am and who my main goals are.

I'm on the verge of graduating Television Broadcasting which has given me skills in Camera work, editing, live studio work, on air work, writing and so much more!

I am in my third week of placement where I am a creative writer for commercials. I don't actually have clients, but basically I take clients from the actual creative writers who are getting paid and write scripts for them. They will then choose to replace my name with their own, change the entire script completely, or keep the script the same, change up bits and parts, and keep my name on the script. I prefer the last option, but really I am just happy to be doing this.

To be honest, before being in Creative, I never thought of myself as a writer. I would see writers on television and movies such as Sex and the City or How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and think "I want to write for Magazines" but never actually thought seriously about it. After being a commercial writer, (and not always having a lot to do because I don't have any clients) I tend to research the Media industry more often than I want to. After doing this, I realized, I wouldn't mind actually, seriously, writing for a magazine! I've always loved reading about pop-culture, fashion and beauty, life tips, health tips, etc. so why not write about it? Sometimes my thoughts are all over the place, but I would love to further myself in order to be able to get a clear focused thought on paper. How fascinating would it be to be able to research and write it to make an interesting article.

It's the strangest thing for me because for so long I thought the only thing I wanted to do and was good at doing was acting (not even sure I'm that great). So there I was, sitting around, waiting to graduate in order to make this happen. But, finally, I've found something for myself to do and actually be happy participating in-writing!

I'll still try and making it in the acting biz (that is where my heart lies) but for now I know that there is always writing!

Now I just have to shorten up my thoughts and maybe I'll get somewhere....

No comments: