April 29, 2010

Obsessions and Other Fun Things.

I'm aware this is my 3rd post of the day, my life in this chair is not so exciting at times.

I just read a random blog post about a theme park scheduled to open up in Orlando this summer. What is the theme you ask? Harry Potter!!
I'm thinking that my trip to Florida cannot come soon enough.
Don't judge, but all of my life I've wanted to be a witch, to experience the excitement of spells and mystical creatures. But those fantasies grow larger when I read Harry Potter (or watch the movies) and I realize there is an entire fictitious world out there waiting for me consisting of Dementors, shapeshifters, a wizard and witchcraft school, crying ghosts, and customizable wands.
Nerdy? Yes. Definitely.
So you can imagine that when I hear of an entire theme park dedicated to wizards and butterbeer, I tend to get more than a little excited.
New life goal: Go to the Harry Potter Theme Park. Possibly even live there so I can fufill my wierd fantasy of being a witch.

Of course, I love other fantasy as well. I loved the book "The Hobbit" for example. I loved all of the different kinds of characters that came along with that book such as Elves and Ogres.
...It's too bad that Earth doesn't have such mystical creatures.

But that is what RPG games are for...which is definitely another obsession saved for a future blog post.

I think that is all for today, considering I get to go home and take a nap in about 12 minutes.

No comments: