January 4, 2011

Work Those Curves, Guuuuurl!


You know,

I used to feel pretty insecure,

About my body, everything.

I would reference to old, sad posts...but I deleted them in the high hopes to start off fresh! To start my life on a happier note!

At one point, I used to think that you HAD to be a size 5 and under to look good. And while, girls who ARE sizes 5 and under are more than beautiful, I didn't realize that if you were over that size and had big hips and a ghetto boot-ay, large thighs, etc. you could also look, well, great.

It took so much for me to realize this. I think the main way was through finding genuine happiness.

...If you aren't happy with life, chances are you aren't going to be happy with your body.

Some things that have helped me overcome my body issues? I have an amazing boyfriend who makes me feel so beautiful everyday. He's constantly complimenting my curves. And you know what? That makes me feel really good.

But of course, you don't need a boyfriend to make you feel good.

Have you ever seen the show:

"Keeping Up with the Kardashian's?"

Kim Kardashian-


Gurl has a body.

Desperate Housewives?

Eva Longoria-



Your hips are inspirational!

These two ladies have really helped me look at the "Hollywood/Model" image in a whole other way. I look at these two gorgeous women and see how my body is very similar to theirs.

And of course, the acceptance of myself. I think that is what has helped me the most.

Never again will I think that curveless is the only way to be beautiful.

I really love my curvacious figure. I do. And like I said, it's taken me a long time to realize this.

So thanks to everybody and everything that has allowed me to finally accept myself. I really do appreciate you.

No comments: