February 4, 2011

A Weekly Gratitude-Generic Thank you's

So, recently I've been dealing with quite a bit of stress.

My contract is coming up soon at my job and I really have no idea what I'm going to do after that.

I'm constantly being reminded to just not think about it and try and remain calm about the whole situation, but it's really not that easy.

So, considering there is really nothing I can do about that situation, I can be thankful for the great things that I have in my life right now. And courtesy of Tatiana of Love, Life, Lace, I decided to start "A Weekly Gratitude". A great way to look at the bright side of life. A method on remembering not to sweat the small stuff. A way to say thanks to this things in life that make you smile!

So here it is, my first post!

1. My family. Even though we don't always get along, I know that they have my best interest at heart.
Dad: I do know that you're doing nothing but looking out for me, even though I don't seem like I appreciate it sometimes.
2. Music. I honestly wouldn't be anywhere without music. If you have any good music recommendations, I'm always open to hearing new artists and songs. The only refrainment I have is metal (screaming). Nope. Sorry. Can't do it.
3. Love. And I mean this in all aspects. The love I have for my friends. The love I have for my boyfriend. The love I have for my family and pets. The love I have for nature. The love I have for life in general. Love is such an amazing concept... even though it's too big to grasp, don't be intimidated. Love can be scary but also very beautiful. Embrace it. It's one of life's amazing miracles.
4. My friends. I'm so glad that I know I have friends that I can trust and who will be there for me no matter what. I'm sorry, but if you have given me any reason to not trust you ( and I mean extreme reasons ) you probably aren't in my life anymore for a reason. Out with the bad and in with the good. My personal advice? I wouldn't worry about someone who isn't worried about you. And that's the truth.
5. And lastly, my new found happiness in general. For once in my life, I am just so...content. I am a post secondary graduate, I have amazing friends, I'm close with my family, I'm in love, I'm healthier than I've ever been, I have an exciting job...there's just so much happiness in my life, I'm ready to burst! For once, I just have the perfect balance.

**Although, I do still have my bad days. I try to not let my sensitivities and negativity get in the way of my happiness. When I'm whining or complaining about something, I DO try and think about what it is that I'm concerned about and if I really have any reason to be upset. Thinking positively usually outrules the negatives.

Unless of course I have PMS, then I'm just a lost cause!

No comments: