May 3, 2012

Gloomy

 My lunch today.

It's been raining for practically 2 weeks straight here in Northern Ontario and I'm one of those people where the rain really, really affects my mood.

John is leaving town today for work and it's sort of weird because this is the first time he's left me. We were apart for 10 days when I was in Florida and I really missed him but I was kept so busy that it didn't really phase me.

So, this weekend will be spent baking lots of delicious goodies (hopefully), yoga and video games on my new TV because I'm nerdy like that. Also, me and my friend Andrea are going to check out the Folklore Festival in town...which is basically a day full of culture and food.

My plan for this evening was actually to go to yoga but I just feel so tired that I'd rather just go home, make some enchiladas for my family and call it a night!! Sounds good to me. :)

As for the photo up there, it doesn't look like much but it tasted so good! I didn't realize that asparagus and eggs complimented eachother so well. I attempted to make poached eggs but after it failing completely and me doing a bit of research, I realized I made them completely wrong. Oh well, there's always next time!

2 comments:

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for your sweet comment the other day!

And enjoy this time to yourself... who knows, maybe it will be more fun than you think! I always enjoy a little alone time here and there.

Happy weekend!

Jessica @ Little Maple Leaf said...

Thank you so much I definitely agree. :)