May 3, 2012

Salmon Salad & Dill Gouda

Man, not having a computer sucks.
I swear to you that I've actually been taking photos of my cooking but I have no where to plug my camera into! So for now, I give you instagrams!!!



Anyway, I'm trying desperately hard to enjoy salmon because it's so so good for you... but I'm sorry. I just can't... UNLESS it is on the Barbecue in which case, it gives it a smokey flavour and doesn't taste like I just scooped up a salmon from the water with my bare hands and ate it. That's what baked salmon reminds me of...marinated or not. Sigh. Sorry.
But I did create a final attempt at the fish last night and sort of masked the foul flavour with all the veggies and dressing that were in with it. And for salmon lovers, hey. Maybe you might just enjoy this!
The Recipe is from an amazing new blog that I just found but slightly adapted by me. Enjoy!
Oh and before I forget, here's a picture of Gouda because well, Gouda is just awesome.


Salmon Salad:

What you'll need (Recipe is for 1 so you can adapt for your family or friends):

Salad
  • Marinated Herb & Wine Salmon (I only used 1 fillet because I made it for myself)
  • 1 Red Pepper
  • 1/3 of a Red Onion
  • 1 Avacodo
  • A TEENY Bit of Orzo Pasta (To cut down the carbs ;) )
  • 4-5 Artichoke Hearts, Sliced.
  • Lettuce of your choosing.. I used a mix of Romaine and Red Leaf.
  • Crumbled Feta
Dressing
  • 1/3 cup of Olive Oil
  • 1/3 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1 tsp Onion Mix
  • 1 1/4 tsp dry oregeno
  • 1 1/4 tsp dry basil
  • 1 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp of Sweet Onion Mustard
Steps:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Mix up all the ingredients for your dressing and then set aside.
  • Wrap your salmon in tinfoil and put in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or when salmon is flaking.
  • Cook your orzo according to package.
  • Slice all of your veggies.
  • When the orzo is cooked, put in a salad bowl and add 1/3 of your dressing mix and toss to coat. Then add in all of your vegetables and add the... 2nd 3rd? haha.
  • Your salmon should be cooked by now, so take it out flake it with a fork and then add to the salad.
  • Add the remainder of your dressing. Toss to coat... ENJOY :D

No comments: