May 30, 2012

A Pug, An Avacado, and a Recipe!

 Egg and Avacodo Sandwich. Simple but Delicious Recipe Idea from Pam


One day, I'd really like to learn to take beautiful photos and edit them to make them even prettier.. but right now I just can't get over the convenience of my cell phone camera. I mean it takes pretty rockin' pictures and it's just so easy to snap a quick image and then get right down to eating!!
Yum.
Anyway, I had a craving for quinoa because I keep reading about it every 5 seconds so I bought a package yesterday along with some chicken.
The thing I like about quinoa is that it's so versatile and you can make a big batch of it and then store it away for future use! Can't go wrong there! HUGE money saver.
Without further ado, a recipe I made up yesterday:

Quinoa Salad

What you'll need:
(serves 1. Add additional ingredients as you see fit) 

(dressing)
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
  • garlic clove (mashed with a knife)
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tsp of parsley
(salad)
  • 2 Romaine Lettuce Branches
  • 1 cup of Cooked Quinoa
  • 1/2 Avacodo
  • 4-8 Baby Tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 Red Onion, chopped
  • 4-6 Cucumber Sliced, quartered
  • 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh, Baked and Chopped
Steps:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Make your dressing. Combine all ingredients...make sure to mash up that garlic clove and stick it in. Set aside.
  3. Season your chicken thigh(s) with sea salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you wish. I used an onion powder and some garlic salt. It's really a matter of preference in my opinion.
  4. Put in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
  5. Start cooking your quinoa according to the package directions.
  6. Once everything is all cooked and ready mix into the salad (make sure chicken is cut up nice and small to mix well also). Add dressing.
  7. Not much of a recipe but it sure is delicious...and healthy!
  8. YUM!!

2 comments:

Maude Gervais said...

Hi! Your blog name got my attention since it looks so similar to mine! And I love it, will definitely start following you. I never tried quinoa, I guess it's a must-do!
Have a great day!

Jessica said...

Aw thanks :) :)!!! I'll check out yours too!
and yeah i feel like it takes some getting used to.. it's definitely a weird grain lol.
but it's SUPER good for you and mixed with chicken it's awesome.