May 4, 2011

Inspirational Wednesdays: Forgiveness

I think it's one of the most honest statements when it is said that "Friends really do drift apart".

But does that mean that you can't be civil with them when you speak to eachother?

Or does that mean that you don't consider them someone to be dear to your heart anymore?

Recently, I had a friend who wasn't very happy with me and I think it was mostly based on the fact that we no longer spent much time together. But I still really liked her. I didn't have any negative feelings towards her.

And then one day, she just snapped on me and said some hurtful things.

But did I deserve it?

I'm not quite sure what the answer to that is but obviously I had hurt her and that alone is enough for me to make me feel bad.

We hadn't spoken in months and regarding a few different incidents' that have happened lately, I really wanted to talk to her and apologize to her.

I just don't think it's worth it to have bad air between someone who really means something to you.

So I sent her a text (yeah,  yeah, I know, think what you will) and apologized. I never meant to hurt her! I didn't want that!

She forgave me, you know.

She explained why she said the things she said and how she was sorry and that we are fine and we are good and we are happy.

And I couldn't be more thankful because she really is someone I keep close to my heart. She really is one of the better apples who always mean well.

I'll always consider her my friend and maybe one day she'll read this and know that I really am telling the truth and that I really will always consider her one of my "BFFs".

No comments: