May 26, 2011

My Own Happiness

So overall, I'm a very happy girl.

I have so much in my life to be grateful for such as an amazing boyfriend, a loving family, and great friends (and of course 4 cute dogs).

I have a roof over my head, a vehicle to drive (barely), food on the table in front of me and a job that pays my small amount of bills.

However, I've been noticing something about myself lately.

A relatively new discovery.

My happiness comes from making other people happy so I don't feel guilty.

I'm just not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

I make almost every decision because of someone else. I put everybody in my life's happiness before my own.

I don't think I should do that all the time. I think I need to start focusing more on what works best for me and what, in the end, will make me happy.

I can't always make my decisions based on someone else's feelings or because I'm afraid my decision might make someone angry with me.

So I'm putting myself first from now on. However, of course I will still strive on making those I love around me, happy. That's what I live for. To make other's happy. But, I still need to remember that my happiness is just as important, and if not, more important.

And I'm thinking that the significant people in my life will realize that disappointment is sometimes inevitable but they need to accept my decisions whether they like it or not...because well my decisions are not their decisions to make.

No comments: