June 9, 2011

Recipes: Roasted Balsamic Penne

So I wasn't a huge fan of this pasta actually. I think it would have tasted better with WHITE pasta as opposed to Whole Wheat... I think that's where I went wrong.

Anyway you can really use any type of veggie you want that will taste good but this is what I used:

Red Peppers
Tomatoes
Onions

Plus Whole Wheat Pasta
Goat Cheese
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
Basil


And I just sprinkled some garlic powder over top... real garlic would have tasted much better also.

Just chop up all your veggies mix up your olive oil, basil, and balsamic vinegar and mix it up... throw it on the veggies and then throw them in the oven for maybe 20 minutes?

And then cook up your pasta. Once that is done.. put on ur veggies mix in with pasta.. and then add some more balsamic vinegar as well as basil and I just like to throw on a little extra olive oil too.

Then sprinkle your goat cheese and your done! DEFINITELY recommend white pasta though for this. I think when you're making whole wheat pasta you need to balance it out with spinach and LOTS of vegetables...

Enjoy!

No comments: