June 6, 2011

Sunshine, Comedy and BBQ's

This weekend was exactly what I needed, however I'd be lying if I said I wasn't completely worn out from it.

Friday night we went to this comedy show which I had really low expectations for, but ended up having a great time. By the end of the night though, my throat started to really hurt so I had to exchange the wine for Orange Juice. My reasoning for this was me and John were headed to camp the next morning!

So yes, the next morning we went out to his camp and basically baked out in the sun all day while having delicious day drinks and snacks.

The evening was even better because as I've probably mentioned, John is an amazing BBQ Whiz and whipped up the most delicious T Bone steak (marinaded with Crown Royale? so good. don't knock it till you've tried it) and bbq'ed peppers and potatoes and a yummy salad with LOTS of veggies.

Then we watched the hockey game in which I fell asleep twice because I was so exhausted... and then of course went to bed after (we won) and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Waking up at camp is ALWAYS the best feeling in the world...there's nothing like going outside first thing in the AM and breathing in that crisp fresh air of nature's outdoors :).

We sort of just did the same thing as the previous day... ate and sat outside. Got burnt. You know...the usual. And then had another BBQ with his parents.

AND THEN came home, and saw Xmen really late at night so therefore I'm exhausted today. Ugh!

I really need to go home and sleep...

xoxo

No comments: