March 24, 2011

It's Kind of a Funny Story

I'm very sorry to anyone who loves the book "the Hunger Games" but I just could NOT get into it.

I have only 40 pages left to read and I couldn't bring myself to finish, so I just had my sister tell me what happened and I am SO happy I didn't waste my time.

It's not that the concept wasn't good or the characters weren't well developed, but I just don't like that sort of story. A story about gathering food and hunting people and trying to survive. It's just not for me.

So instead, I went to Chapters and bought a brand new book that I've been interested in for a while!

Have you heard of the movie, "It's Kind of a Funny Story"?
Well did you know that movie is based on a book? I didn't until I saw it and it looked SO interesting.



And I'm so beyond happy that I bought it (on sale for $8.50) because I'm only 40 pages in and it is already amazing.

Don't get me wrong, it is very dark and sort of depressing, but the writing style is so conversational. It's natural and life like.

I'm so excited to see the direction this book goes in and to meet the other characters.

I can't say too much about it now but I will be sure to let you know how I like it when I'm finished (and I will finish it!)

I'm so happy I found a book that I like. I was definitely in a reading rut.

Some other books I'd like to read after I'm done this one:





I own this one just haven't read it yet.


Something about reading is magical, isn't it? You get to just enter this whole other world. Someone else's world. And something about that is just so surreal.

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: