April 25, 2011

Easter Sunday!

I don't think I've ever been so full in my entire life.
Yesterday me, my Mom, my Sister and John all went for Brunch. I've never seen so much food.
They had everything from a variety of cheese, to vegetables and fruit, to salads, to seafood, to french toast with strawberries/caramel sauce (so delicious!) to your standard breakfast items to roast and lamb. Not to mention the crazy amount of desserts that were offered.
I definitely ate my $30 worth.

Then at night I went to John's family's (I had never met this side of the family yet!) house for a Turkey dinner. What a spread!
I ate SO much (I was probably still a little full from Brunch). I already felt like my body was being weighed down when a cookie was offered until dessert was served. And of course, I couldn't say no. I had a hard time eating the cookie. And then the most delcious dessert was served. It was some sort of chocolate/banana cream pie. Oh my gosh. Amazing.

Can I just mention quickly how much I love John's family? Everyone I've met has just been so welcoming and kind. I just felt so involved with this side in particular though. I think because they seem very similar to my family. There were a lot of members at this Easter Dinner and I also have lots of members in my family so it was neat to see the similarities.

His little cousin was only 12 and I felt like I was talking to a 16 year old.

Also, we prayed before we ate which is something I'm not used to but... I really liked it.
It was nice and different for me. But it made me feel really good.

Anyway, let's just say that when we got home, I barely moved for the rest of the night and accidentally missed the 2nd period of the Canucks vs BlackHawks game because I took a Turkey Nap.

(Canucks lost by the way. Boo.)

My body is still being weighed down my food and LUCKY ME.. I get another Turkey Dinner tonight.

I'm going to explode.

No comments: