June 4, 2012

Beef Stroganoff

Last night for dinner, I made a really delicious Beef Stroganoff.
I didn't take any pictures though and let's face it, it's not the most attractive recipe in the world... but it sure did taste good!
I'm more so writing this out for my OWN reference because everytime I make it, I stress out because I can never find an exact recipe that I'm willing to follow.
So now that I'm a bit more confident when it comes to cooking, I somehow managed to make my own and it's definitely the one I'll be using time and time again. So I need to write out, or I'll forget.

Beef Stroganoff

What You'll Need:

  • One Large Sirloin Steak (the better the cut, the better it tastes!)
  • 1 tsp prepared mustard
  • 3 tbs sour cream
  • 3 tbs white flour
  • 1 can of beef broth
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1/2 yellow onion
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 5-6 tbs of butter
  • Egg Noodles
What To Do:
  1. Trim the fat off the Sirloin Steak and cut into narrow strips and then cut the narrow strips into halves.
  2. Salt & Pepper both sides of the Meat to taste.
  3. Start cooking your egg noodles according to the package.
  4. Dice the green pepper and the onion.
  5. Put in 2-3 tablespoons of butter in the frying pan on medium high heat. Once it melts, add in the steak and make sure the meat is browned all the way through (or so the way I like it) and on both sides.
  6. Remove the meat from the pan, set aside.
  7. Add in 2-3 tablespoons in the same pan you used for the meat and wait for it to melt. Add in your green peppers and onions. Cook for about 5 minutes until the peppers are soft the onions are browning on the outside.
  8. Slowly, pour in one can of beef broth. Mix in the flour. The sauce will begin to thicken.
  9. Add in your beef and mix together.
  10. Add in sour cream and mustard.
  11. Cook until sauce is thoroughly mixed, thick and hot.
  12. Serve over egg noodles.
Serves 2.

No comments: