June 7, 2012

Parm Cheese & Bread Crumb Coated Asparagus



I found this recipe on Pinterest from a really cool new food blog I found!! Go check them out!

Last night, John and I had to babysit my stepsister. We had tons of food that we bought at the beginning of the week to cook up so we thought we'd have a barbecue! I had a bunch of Asparagus saved so when I found this recipe, I thought I'd try something new. My boyfriend wasn't a fan, but my step sister and me loved it! Best part? It's SO easy!

What You'll Need:
  • One Bunch of Asparagus
  • 1 tsp of Chili Powder
  • 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs (I used Panko)
  • 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese
  • Salt & Pepper to Taste
  • 1 egg, beaten.
What To Do:
  1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Lay out some tinfoil on a baking sheet and put olive oil or PAM on it.
  2. Mix together your bread crumbs, cheese, salt & pepper and chili powder.
  3. Dip each stem of asparagus (make sure to cut off the ends) in the beaten egg and then in the bread mixture.
  4. Once all asparagus stems are coated, put in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until asparagus is soft.
  5. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Devon @ TheMermaidChronicles said...

holy yum! this looks delicious! Thank you for sharing this just in time for summer. I love asparagus!

Lissa @ The Looking Glass said...

oh YUMMMYY! need to try this!!

Jessica @ Little Maple Leaf said...

Thanks Guys :)