June 1, 2012

Huge, Massive Changes




My life has managed to spin in a completely different direction that I ever dreamed possible.
The biggest thing is that I quit my full time Creative Writing job to be a server at Swiss Chalet.
Let me explain.
My contract in writing is up come August and there were no opportunities here for me when it's over. So after 2 years, I decided to look for work elsewhere in preperation for going back to school in September! ANOTHER huge change. I'll be taking the Child & Youth Care program which I believe will make me happier in the long run anyway then working in media. At the end of the day, I'll be able to say that I helped people and that means a lot to me. I'll still be working as a part time Weather Anchor at the station for the extra experience & money. Basically, come September, I'll be SUPER busy as I'll be studying, working and trying to pay for everything I have to pay for. I'm getting tired just thinking about it! But I'm 100% sure I can do this as I am one determined cookie. And when you're determined, you can do anything!

The pictures above are from last night when John & I went out to the lake!!! I was telling him last night that I'm the happiest when we're out there in the quiet. Everytime we go, we just have such a blast. It's always the same thing.. BBQing a delicious dinner, having some drinks, sauna's, and talking until we get tired. I wish we could live out there but alas...

Have a great weekend!

No comments: