June 18, 2012

Not So New Start


I was so excited for today when I woke up and realized it was my first day on the new job! I enjoyed a delicious breakfast of some greek yogurt with blueberries and a piece of toast with peanut butter and was ready for my new adventure!

When I got to Swiss Chalet, the manager looked at me and said she had emailed me saying I don't actually start until Wednesday!!! You can imagine the huge forehead slap I gave myself internally at that moment when I had to give the walk of shame out of there! Oops.

As I was driving home, all I could think of was "What the heck am I gonna do for the next two days without work?!" I thought maybe I could go to yoga today but there are no appropriate classes for me...only tomorrow (so that's a definite plan).

And so here I am, no longer in my little nook at the office, but instead at home, sipping coffee while blogging in my sunroom and it feels really good.

I guess my new start isn't today, but Wednesday... you better believe I'm ready for you!!! :)

1 comment:

Pretzel Thief said...

Oh noes! Heheheh.

Well, unnacounted-for-extra-days sure is awesomesauce: relish the extra rest and relaxation! And blogging in the sunroom (eeeep!) is what I'd like to be doing right now, personally. :-)

Instead I'm at work on a quieter-than-usual day, staring longingly out the window at the sunny winter's day. Save me, Superman! Bwahahah. ;-)