June 17, 2012

New Beginnings

When I took the plunge to quit my full time job as a Creative Writer, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't incredibly nervous. After all, John and I have a new apartment on the way come August...what if I didn't make enough money serving in order to make ends meet?
Did I make a mistake in quitting?
I thought about that on more than one occasion...but as soon as Friday at 5 rolled around, I knew I had no regrets. Walking out felt...good. I felt a genuine relief inside of me knowing that the opportunities that are headed my way are the right ones. Working with children is what I want to do and in the long run it's what is going to make me happiest. So even though money may be tight for a while, I know in the end, it'll be worth it. Plus, I'm not completely out of the building as I'm still anchoring the weather...another source of income, which is good.
Anchoring and Serving is kind of a weird combination, but I'm so excited for all the new beginnings that are headed my way.
I'd love for you all to join me in my journey as I head back to school, work 2 jobs and enjoy living with someone else for the very first time :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I admire that you were able to make that plunge! Change is scary in the best of circumstances!

Jessica @ Little Maple Leaf said...

Yes it's definitely difficult to get used to but I know it'll be worth it later :)