June 30, 2012

Currently

I'm feeling super bummed today and was gonna just rant about all my "woes", but when I read Danielle's currently post, I decided to just talk about my feelings constructively. Even though I'm probably just being a whiner.

Loving: Being out on the lake. My favorite thing in the world is to go out to John's camp and just drink some beverages while having a delicious meal. All while sitting out by the lake! That's my idea of a perfect day. :)


Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire Series: A Feast for Crows (4th book). Seriously guys, these books are phenomenal. I'm sure you've heard of the epic show "Game of Thrones". If you like the show, please do me a favor, and read the books. You won't regret it. I never thought I'd like such a heavy novel based on kings, queens, fantasy, royal politics, etc.. but the writing just draws you right in, the characters are practically real, and the storylines are shocking.

Watching: The last season of Friday Night Lights. I'm stretching it out though because I don't want it to end, ha. I'll probably finish it this weekend because I'm a loner on Canada Day Weekend. Sigh.


Anticipating: Monday! Here's where I start to whine. John is out camping with all his friends and I was supposed to go but now that I have a part time job and not Monday to Friday hours, I have to work so I can't go. I'm super bummed out about this. There's nothing I love more than being by the lake and on such a special weekend, it's even more exciting. But instead, I'm working and none of my friends are able to do anything on my off hours, so I'm literally going to be laying in bed all weekend watching TV. Such an exciting life I lead. Ugh.

Listening to: If I Die Young-The Band Perry. This song is so, so beautiful. I love how the format of the song is different from most and the message is just so enticing.

Planning: Our big move on August 1st. We have so much to do so July is going to be our month for that. We have a lot of things to pay for and not a whole lot of money right now so should be interesting. But I'm so ready for this.

Working on: Not being so whiny about everything and controlling my temper. Sometimes I can act like a 5 year old when handling situations and if something doesn't go the way I want it to, I get really angry. That needs to really stop. That's what Tiny Buddha is for! :)


Wishing: That I was camping with everyone or that I at least had plans for Canada Day. I'm seriously expecting this weekend to be horrible because I feel miserable about it.

Any ways to turn my mood around and have fun on my own? I was thinking of getting creative with some baking maybe. 

5 comments:

Ciara said...

Hiya-Visiting from Currently at Sometimes Sweet.
Baking is a good idea. I recommend Humming Bird Brownies followed by a film or tv series your partner wouldn't usually enjoy/ you don't enjoy watching with him.

Pretzel Thief said...

I was also totally trying to delay season 5 of FNL as much as possible...God, what a wonderful, beautiful and enchanting TV series. Enjoy the rest of it, m'dear!

Just listened to the "If I Die Young" song...niiiiiiiice. Love the banjo being plucked faintly in the background. :-)

Devon said...

Amen to the things you are working on! Me too! I hate not getting my way. I hope your week gets better. I'm having a bad day too :-/

Jessica @ Little Maple Leaf said...

thanks everyone! :)

Naomi George said...

Baking is always fun :) Great post. I did a "Currently" post too, if you want to check it out.

♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}